Questions about or problems with our databases? Please contact the Reference Department by email or telephone: (740) 446-7323, ext. 241 & 242.
Ohio Web Library: The Ohio Web Library is an evolving collection of thousands of online publications and research resources. The Ohio Web Library includes: popular magazines, trade publications, scholarly research journals, newspapers, encyclopedias, dictionaries, speeches, poems, plays, maps, satellite images of Ohio, and more. The Ohio Web Library supports quality education, a skilled workforce, business growth, and lifelong learning in Ohio.
Gale Courses: Access to hundreds of instructor-led online courses covering everything from health and wellness to creative writing, computer programming, GED test preparation and much more. Gale Courses are developed by expert instructors, many of whom are currently working at universities around the country, and have continuous enrollment dates.
Lynda.com: Access to thousands of high-quality and engaging online tutorials and courses from recognized experts. Develop business, software, technology and creative skills that will allow you to land a job, move up in your career, excel in the position you have, or just explore an area of interest.
Automobiles & Engines
- Auto Mate: Repair and maintenance information for foreign and domestic vehicles, including wiring diagrams and diagnostic trouble codes.
- Chilton Library: A database from Chilton that includes repair and maintenance information for foreign and domestic vehicles.
- Small Engine Repair: A database that includes repair and maintenance information for a variety of lawn tractors, ATVs, and other small engines.
Books, Arts, & Literature
- Literary Reference Center: Browse and research works of literature and authors.
- Small Business Reference Center: Offers exclusive full text for many top consumer small business reference books, as well as tools to address many small business topics. It includes business videos, a help and advice section and details on how to create business plans.
- Cypress Resume: Create and download personalized resumes, cover letters, and CVs.
- Glassdoor: A free jobs and career community that offers an inside look at jobs and companies with "employee generated content" - anonymous salaries, company reviews, interview questions, and more - all posted by employees, job seekers, and sometimes the companies themselves.
General Reference & Research
- Academic Search Premier: This multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: Search and access hundreds of reference e-books on a variety of subjects.
- Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center: Offers detailed "how-to" instructions and creative ideas to meet the interests of virtually every hobby enthusiast. Full text is provided from leading hobby and craft magazines.
- Home Improvement Reference Center: Features full-text content from leading home improvement magazines, full-text reference books, and videos of popular home repair projects.
- Oxford Reference: Access to Oxford's prestigious reference publishing: cross-search quality A-Z reference.
- Salem Press Online Collection: Access to texts on Literature, History, Science, and Health.
- World Book Encyclopedia: Access the World Book Encyclopedia enhanced with images, videos, and multi-media.
Health & Medicine
- Consumer Health Complete: Provides information directed towards the needs of the patients, and to help the understanding of health-related topics.
History & Biography
- Biography Reference Bank: Search and access hundreds of biographical reference e-books.
Issues & Controversies
- Facts On File: Issues & Controversies: Resources for "Pro / Con" issues. Search and access reference e-books, newspapers, magazines, encyclopedias, and multi-media on a variety of subjects.
- Facts on File: Issues & Controversies in American History: Resources for "Pro / Con" issues in American history. Search and access reference e-books, newspapers, magazines, encyclopedias, and multi-media on a variety of subjects.
Lands & Peoples
- Global Road Warrior (In Library Access / Home Access): Explore the nations of the world. Provides cultural, geographic, travel, and news information for more than 200+ countries.
- AtoZ The USA (In Library Access / Home Access): Explore the United States. Provides cultural, historical, geographic, and social information for the US states and territories.
- AtoZ World Food: Explore traditional recipes for 174 countries of the world in six categories: National Cuisine, Regional Cuisine, Daily Meals, Dining Etiquette, Special Occasion Foods, and Food Trivia.
- Transparent Languages: a fun, effective, and engaging experience for learners of all levels looking to build their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in a foreign language. Choose from over 100 languages, including English for speakers of over 26 languages.
Magazines & Newspapers
- MasterFILE Premier: Provides full text for nearly 1,700 periodicals with full-text information dating as far back as 1975. Covering virtually every subject area of general interest, MasterFILE Premier also contains full text for nearly 500 reference books and over 164,400 primary source documents, as well as an Image Collection of over 592,000 photos, maps & flags.
- Newspaper Source: Provides cover-to-cover full text for more than 40 (U.S.) & international newspapers. The database also contains selective full text for 389 regional (U.S.) newspapers. In addition, full text television & radio news transcripts are also provided.
Testing & Exams
- OhioMeansJobs Assessment and Training Center: Use dynamic tutorials, easy-to-use practice tests and e-books for elementary, middle school, and high school skills; adult basic skills and learning; GED test preparation; college test preparation, career test preparation; OMJ Core assessments; Master Core business skills; and computer skills improvement.